To be properly accountable and democratic, Disability Labour recognises the need for meetings to be minuted fully and those minutes be up to a minimal standard.
We therefore agree that there should be an additional section H (8a) in our constitution as follows:
Executive committee minutes will include:
- The date, time and physical venue of the meeting.
- The name of the group.
- The names of those present and the names of those having made apologies for not attending. Should anyone be present for a section of the meeting only, the detail of which section they were present.
- The items on the agenda.
- The precise wording of any resolution together with the name of the proposer of the motion.
- A summary of the discussion on each item of business.
- Information on which the decision was based.
- Who voted and how and if Chair used a casting vote
- The action required
- The names of the people who are responsible for implementing the decision.
- The date, time and venue of the next meeting.
- The name of the person taking the minutes.