I’m running for re-election to the executive of Disability Labour. I want to continue the work which we as the executive have started. Some of my accomplishments are:
- Creating and setting up the Disability Hub to provide access to Labour conferences.
- *I worked on rescuing our Website when it was taken out of our control
- *Found another designer to come up with another Logo owned by Disability Labour.
- *I trained as a Mental Health First Aid Instructor at my own expense.
- *I trained other executive members to provide Mental Health support at Labour Party Conference at no expense to DL.
- *I provided access audits amongst other members of the DL Executive to the Labour Party Evens team.
- *I met with shadow cabinet members to show Support of the NILS strategy by ROFA and a holistic holistic assessment.
- *I organised getting stuff for Disabilty Labour to sell as an alternative funding stream since we stopped charging membership fees for disabled people.
- *I functioned as Treasurer on the request of the officers due to the resignation of the past Treasurer.
I would like to serve you once again as part of the executive.
Statement for election to one of the Co-Chair
I am asking to be considered for the role of Co-chair of Disability Labour.
Co-vicechair of Disability Labour.
Chair of Suffolk Coalition of Disabled People.
Chair of Unison’s Eastern region disabled members committee.
Chair of the Joint Consultative Committee at Ipswich Borough Council.
Secretary of Suffolk County Labour Group
Labour County Councillor for Suffolk County Council
Spokesperson on Disabilities for Suffolk Labour group
I want Disability Labour to be involved as the experts by experience to
advise the Labour Party on all policies having an effect on members with
a disability. We need to make sure the Labour Party fulfils their
obligations under the Equality Act 2010. We need to push to have all
regions, CLPs and branches educated on disability. We need to make
sure Disabled people can participate at all levels of our party.
We need to develop a training programme on disability and make it an
obligation on all structures within the LP. I will work with others to
develop this training programme and bring it to the party to educate
those who run the party structures.
I hope you will elect me as one of your co-chairs.